Simply Being You Can Change A Life Forever


An unexpected request from a teacher I had 30 years ago, lead me to walk down memory lane, today.  The request was to write a letter to another person, Joyce, whose talents and creativity had an influence me and many others.  The intended surprise for Joyce was to compile letters from those she has influenced by naturally being herself and in return the letters will lift her spirits and give her renewed affirmation of her worth.  

Barnes and Noble café and a table by the window provided a nice atmosphere to rediscover the memories in the back of my mind.  A Starbuck Caramel Frappuccino  (with no whipped Cream),  provided me company and I was able to jot my thoughts down on the inspirational paper I had chosen to use as the backdrop for me letter. 

This woman had only influenced my life in a 3 year period of time for only about 3 months each year. What an impact she did have on me.  She made me feel special because she believed in me. I don't remember all the details of those time, but I do remember how significant I felt.   Just a few moments and a few loving supportive words can change a life forever.

In the letter, I shared a dream I had about 15 years ago and I would like to share it here.  I dreamed I had died and was standing in front of God.  I was sad, self-punishing and full of fear as to what he would say to me.  I told him that I was sorry I disappointed him and that I had not done much with my life. He looked me in the eye and said:

“What are you talking about? You have influenced so many people for the good. Look at all the people you have touched in one way or another!”

I turned around and there was a sea of people, thousands that I knew in my heart, I had in fluenced, taught, loved inspired and made a difference in their lived. I was overwhelmed and broke down into tears of joy and the thousands stood in honor of me, loving me for who I am.

I shared this because I think that this dream applied to her and to you, the reader.  Through our experiences, every day, we touch others, inspire, teach, love and make an impact in some way.  We often do not see it.

I stand, honoring you for the gift you bring to the world! You are valuable.  When you value yourself you can finally accept the honoring that comes from others.  This is what matters the most!

“Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.” ~Maya Angelou


Joyce was like a bee,  going about her life acting upon her natural instincts, gifts and talents.   Wonderful things happen because of it! Thank you, Joyce! I honor you! 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another Year